BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wednesday and Thursday

Thank you Nathan for posting about Meteora.


On Wednesday, we boarded the bus fairly early, and headed for the ancient ruins of Delphi. Some of us spent some time at the back of the bus, singing and reading Scripture. That was a blessing, and honestly, probably my favorite part of the day.

Upon arrival at Delphi, our wonderful guide, Voula, showed us some interesting sights. It was fascinating to hear the history of the place, and to see ruins from several centuries BC. The Museum was fascinating as well.

We arrived at our hotel in Athens, hot and tired. It is amazing how many people from the AGM are staying at our hotel.

This morning (Thursday) we headed out nice and early and took the metro to the presidential palace to watch the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. After this we headed for the Acropolis, Parthenon, and Agora. We also visited Mars Hill, where Chuck read Acts 17:16-34 and Voula shared with us some interesting facts putting the passage into the perspective of that day.

The temps today were about 38 degrees Celsius. I am told that that translates to about 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Unfortunately, I am writing this in my hotel room, and I don't have Internet access up here so I can't verify. If how we felt, and the amount of water that we consumed with incredibly few bathroom breaks, was any indication... I would say it was @ 120 ;) I do know, however that that is most likely a bit of an exaggeration.

I have not yet successfully posted pictures, so I will email them to my sister, and we will hopefully get them posted soon.


0 comments: